Monday, March 11, 2013

Steal of Draft! Tyrann Mathieu CB LSU

I don't know what to say really. I have read countless noobs who won't even give him a second chance. The kid is 20 YEARS OLD. Did you make mistakes when you were 20? Yes. Did you pay as much as he did? No. I believe he finally gets it now and GMs talk about putting players in a box and I can imagine most teams will have him deep in the box. This kid is a top notch talent, top notch kid. Last time we saw the Honeybadger he was constantly around the ball in the toughest conference in football. He has more than enough speed to play either safety or cornerback. I think he needs to add more weight to handle free safety unless the scheme is a centerfield role only primarily. He needs to get stronger, 4 reps won't cut it in the NFL. I would probably play him as a cornerback and on 3rd down use him like a Troy Polamalu, not knowing where he is on the field. He NEEDS to be on the field as much as possible. When someone is born to play football you just find a place on the field for him. Teams talked about Janoris Jenkins last year as a guy who was too much of a risk to take and he turned out to be the steal of the draft. I fully expect Tyrann to have the same impact.



NFL Player Comparison: Tyrann Mathieu

FST Grade: Mid 2nd rd

Projected Round: 3rd rd

Prospect Value: 2.75/3.0

No comments:

Post a Comment