Saturday, March 16, 2013

Updated Big Board

There is absolutely nothing I hate more than busts. I lose sleep at night over busts. Well, I don't mess with busts so I am really unfamiliar with the term myself and I sleep like a baby. This class only has one ***. I haven't had him near the top 10 all year but I have to stick with the system of scouting. For those of you saying Luke Joeckel, you would be wrong. If he was more like a Tony Boselli type than I would have no problem putting him on the site as the #1 overall prospect. I actually like Jake Matthews, Luke Joeckel's teammate, who is returning to school more than I like Luke Joeckel. If Jadeveon Clowney wasn't in the 2014 draft than I think Matthews would be in consideration as the top prospect but Clowney is King. Joeckel is fundamentally solid in everything but he will never be "elite". Don't get me wrong, he is very good but the #1 overall prospect is going to have his name on the site for eternity so I can't have that be someone who is either just good enough or take a risk at another position that ends up flopping. This person needs to represent each category F..S..T to the highest valuable possible and someone that is not going to bust. Tavon Austin is the only player that I have seen that grades as a ***. Just because he is the top prospect doesn't mean he is necessarily a ***, look back at 2009 Matt Stafford was the top prospect and he did not grade out as a ***. I could obviously look at one of the guards who are talented and have little chance to bust but this is FST, not some garbage scouting site. I fully understand that pass rushers and OT are more valuable than WR, especially WR that don't have the opportunity to be elite, such as Austin. Some people have been clowning on this draft, that this draft doesn't have "elite" prospects and I totally agree. We had 5 *** in the Cam Newton draft and this draft is more about those guys in the 2.5/3.0 range than your superstars. There are boat loads of talent in this draft from the 1st to guys that will go undrafted. Some of these guys taken in the 2nd-3rd rds could develop into superstars and I think many of them will, it is just right now they haven't reached that potential so their skill doesn't merit being drafted higher or having a higher ranking.


1) Tavon Austin WR ***
2) Luke Joeckel OT
3) Dion Jordan DE
4) Shariff Floyd DL
5) Eric Fisher OT
6) Dee Milliner CB
7) Chance Warmack G
8) Jonathan Cooper G
9) Ziggy Ansah DE/OLB
10) Geno Smith QB
11) Lane Johnson OT
12) Star Lotuleilei DL
13) Barkevious Mingo DE
14) Cordarrelle Patterson WR
15) Justin Hunter WR
16) Xavier Rhodes CB
17) Jarvis Jones LB
18) Tyler Eifert TE
19) Arthur Brown LB
20) Datone Jones DE
21) Jonathan Cyprien S
22) DJ Fluker OT
23) Damontre Moore DE/OLB
24) Kenny Vaccaro S
25) Johnthan Banks CB

Players to Consider
Sheldon Richardson DL
Bjoern Werner DE
Alec Ogletree LB
Margus Hunt DE
Kevin Minter LB
Manti Te'o LB
Keenan Allen WR
Desmond Trufant CB
Marcus Lattimore RB
Jesse Williams DL
Giovani Bernard RB

No comments:

Post a Comment