Monday, November 18, 2013

Top 5 WRs

1) Sammy Watkins WR Clemson

This young man has the potential to be given the highest grade possible, a five star. This is a grade reserved for generational talents like Peyton Manning, Adrian Peterson, Calvin Johnson, Deion Sanders, and the like. He is electrifying. You wanna talk about flash, he is the flash. De'Anthony and he have the potential to make a run at the 4.24 combine record. That's how FST started. This video of Chris Johnson and I was like this guy is amazing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhUhLtAC_Ok Now I don't even think it's that fast. That's exactly what Sammy and De'Anthony look like. Sammy has great hands, work ethic, and moves in space. He has agility, acceleration, and top-end speed. He is an intelligent football player with great vision. In today's NFL he can play like Antonio Brown with short screens and even runs. I don't even know how some people don't have him in the top 10. Just rookie shit. I liken Sammy Watkins to a Roddy White meets Devin Hester athletic ability

2) Marqise Lee WR USC

He's having a major down year. He has some joke throwing him the ball and he's battled some injuries so I think it's an anomaly. I've seen enough of him over the years to say he's got what it takes to be a great NFL player. I'd say he's a slower DeSean Jackson but two inches taller. He has great hands and moves in space. Dynamic player. Can return kicks, reverses, screens. Needs to work on his route running but once he is completely devoted to his craft he will be a top 15 NFL WR.

3) Davante Adams WR Fresno State

This is my dude right here. Some people don't even have him on their radar. I discovered this guy in August browsing YouTube checking out the top WRs. He caught my eye in the brief 15 seconds of highlights he had and I made a note of him. He's in a stat juiced offense but you watch this guy and I tell you I see Brandon Marshall. He is a 6'2", 4.4, 42" vertical kinda guy just like Brandon Marshall. What I notice about him is he attacks the ball. Some guys dick around when the ball is in the air and he seizes it at the highest point and that's part of the reason he has 15 TDs through nine games. Yeah 15 TDs through 9 games. He really should win the Biletnikoff to the nation's top WR but playing in Fresno State a lot of the people on the east coast don't know about him. He's not just a bigger guy he can make plays when he has the ball in his hands. He is lethal after the catch. He can juke you, outrun you, plant a stiff arm, just an amazing talent. I have rated #23 on the latest big board and that's a very conservative rating. Some say he could go third round. Wake up and smell the coffee

4) Mike Evans WR Texas A&M

Mike Evans. Mike Evans. I am extremely torn on Mike Evans. I just fear that he is a byproduct more so of Johnny creating time and making big plays than being a top echelon WR. Can he make big plays without Johnny? This is a guy I will watch big time over his workouts and combine. At 6'5", he's got great size and he's a strong guy that's tough to bring down to the ground. He runs a lot of dinky screen passes. I just don't know if that's because his speed is a question mark. It's not like he's going to make people miss and take it to the house like Sammy. His big plays come on seams where he outmuscles the defender. If he is able to check in at 4.55 than I will call him in between Keyshawn Johnson and Vincent Jackson and he will be fine. If he is flirting above 4.6 it could be Mike Williams territory. This is a boom-bust pick and I don't like the boom as much bust potential that comes with it.

5) Brandin Cooks WR Oregon State

I was going to put Odell Beckham here but this guy is even more exciting. Like Davante Adams, I found this guy in the same YouTube video and I was like this guy is a player. He's probably not a hair above 5'10". I would call this guy Antonio Brown JR. Well, there is already one of those so I guess he can be AB III. He's extremely quick with also having a pop of acceleration. He really has great vision and always seems to find the ball in traffic. He is sure handed and can run all of the plays like punts, reverses, bubble screens. He is a sound route runner as well. You could probably liken him to Tavon Austin the #1 prospect for us last year. Good news is that he won't go as high so you can get the same quality but a few rounds later.

No comments:

Post a Comment