Monday, March 10, 2014

Mr. GQ 2014 -- Blake Bortles

Blake is going to win this award for multiple reasons and reeling in Lindsey Duke has a lot of reasons to do with that. Good work Blake. Stud. I love Blake Bortles. I don't know what else to say. He's the perfect type of QB you want to build around in today's game. He extends plays and while doing so, he is looking for the big play downfield. The heymaker to knock out your opponent and make them feel defeated.

The real reason Blake gets this award is because it is never about the ceiling with owners and teams. They hold a pessimistic view and want to know what is the least I'm going to get out of this guy. That's why the Mr. GQ award stands for good quality. Who I'm going to get at worst quality production out of this guy. At the quarterback position, this increases the value even more as good QBs are some of the toughest guys to find. The worst I could possibly see Blake Bortles is being a top 10 QB in the NFL and like a B rating, in relative terms. He should throw for at least 3,400 yards and 25 TDs and possibly running 5 TDs in his early years, much like Ben Roethlisberger.

I would have Blake Bortles as the top prospect this year but I view Jadeveon Clowney as a once in 15 years kind of prospect, like a Jevon Kearse. The debate in my head of a Clowney-Bortles is mind-boggling. It's like you can't go wrong. Yet, some have failed before. The Texans should consider three players for that first pick and it should be Clowney, Bortles, and Bridgewater. Noting how he might be a Texas guy but you bring bust to the party if you bring Johnny Manziel in consideration to be with the other three players for consideration for that top pick. The question would be do they value a franchise QB more than a premium pass rusher. I take the pass rusher because I think I can win with an average QB ... like Russell Wilson

Blake Bortles QB
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 232

Supposed Concerns: cheating on Lindsey Duke



Grade: 8.5/10 [Perennial All-Pro]

No comments:

Post a Comment