Sunday, November 14, 2010

Week 10 Results

I thought she was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Just like cars I name parlays after girls and this is Staci (yes with an "I"). I thought she was a winner but unfortunately she is just a 7. When I cooked up this parlay I deemed the worst case scenario of 7-1 and I knew the only game that could trip me up would be the Bears/Vikings for various reasons I will talk about later. That is exactly what happened and had I hit this parlay I would have won $6000. Oh yes I forgot to mention that both bets included a 6.5 point teaser and Staci turned out to be a huge tease. Bitch.

Ravens (+7.5) W
Colts (-.5)  W
Patriots (+11) W
Texans (+8) W
Bucs (EVEN) W
Cowboys (+20.5) W
Jets (+3.5) W
Vikings (+5) L


Raquel is a winner tho

Lions (+9.5) W
Ravens (+7.5) W
Patriots (+11) W
Bucs (EVEN) W
Cowboys (+20.5) W


Unfortunately, this parlay is only going to win $160 and the other would have won $6000.


Overall I am pleased because my logic for these games was right on for each game and I will discuss my only loss of the day because almost only counts in "horseshoes and hand grenades".  During the week, I picked my seven winners (actually I liked the Dolphins and Seahawks if I was going to do a 10 team tease for 10K) but that is enough because all that matters is the Bears/Vikings game.  When I analyzed that game I thought if I lose this bet it is going to come down to that game so in essence I had a coin flips chance of winning $6000; which I would assume every person in the world wouldn't mind having.

I thought the Bears could pull that game out because they have a good defense that could contain AP (which they did), Childress sucks (does), Brett sucks (this year yes), @ home, Vikings banged up (Percy/Sydney), just traded a downfield threat in Moss, and THE WILDCARD (known to all as Jay Cutler).  I thought the Bears had a chance of winning this game and I could have still won this bet had they won by less than five....which is how they win (5/9 games decided by 5pts or less [before today]).  Wow this is complex. Ok so the Bears/Vikings historically don't have close games and either side usually will win by more than 7 points so as captain hindsight when I teased this game by 6.5 pts that was dumb because if the Bears would end up winning the game they would do so by over 7 pts.  But my logic is the Bears are not a 6 win team and if they somehow pull this out it is by the usual 3 or 4 pts.  This is where the wildcard come in.  I didn't watch the game but from the stats it looked like Jay played well (for him) and that is why we lost that game.  I expected him to throw his usual two INT's and I figured that would give us the edge but he also threw 3 TD's so that is why Jay is the "wildcard" when it comes to the Bears. I picked this as the one game I could lose b/c I smelled it when the week started and Accuscore (ESPN computer) picked the Vikings and they told me some ridiculous stat that the Vikings would win like 70% of the time if Jay threw 2 INT's (which I anticipated he would).  At the end of the day, I thought 5 points would be enough and it wasn't so we will have to postpone taking down Vegas for another week.  Fun Fact: when I woke up this morning (well 3PM) my mouth was like the Sahara from drinking last night and the only cold beverage in the fridge that isn't milk or OJ was 7UP.  The irony lies in that in my parlay 7 games were up, and one goes down (i.e. the BEARS, well I guess Vikings)


-How was Staci a 7 and Raquel a dime?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment