Thursday, December 16, 2010

Just FST Scouting!!

Kind of funny that Joe Webb is starting this week.  Most of you have no idea who this guy is...don't worry you're not missing out.  Every year I do mock drafts for the Pittsburgh Steelers and in the 7th round of every draft I picked Joe Webb UAB QB/SLASH.  However, Joe Webb was drafted by the Vikings in the 6th round.  I wanted Joe Webb as a Kordell Stewart/Randle El type player that would come in wildcat and goal line packages as a change of pace QB that could run or throw.  After we signed Randle El (and we already have Dixon) I started removing him from my mock drafts because that was a waste of a draft pick.  But the point is FST Scouting drafts rookies that are actually relevant.  What do I mean? Some names that found themselves in EVERY SINGLE MOCK DRAFT FOR THE STEELERS WERE: Mike Williams WR Syracuse (3rd round) or Jacoby Ford (4th round) [depending on what needs I addressed first], LeGarette Blount RB, Perish Cox (5th round), Joe Webb (7th round).  You might be asking yourself so what they aren't that good?? Your NFL team cuts these players (LATE ROUND GEMS...see (ABOUT ME section) and every one of these players has had a good year!!

Do any of your NFL team's late round rookies even make the team, play, dress, or start. Probably not! That is FST Scouting for you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment